Education to Optimize Your Care of Adult, Adolescent, and Pediatric Patients with Obesity
Effective treatment of patients with obesity is an increasingly important part of modern medical practice. This course delivers practical strategies to optimize the management of obesity and its many complications, and provides the most up-to-date approaches to obesity prevention and treatment.
Highlights of the 2020 program include:
- Comprehensive evaluation of the patient with obesity
- Medical management of the adult patient with obesity
- Effective counseling and motivation techniques
- Precision medicine for obesity and metabolic disorders
- Optimizing medical outcomes after bariatric surgery
- Treating children and adolescents: new medical and surgical options
- Emerging therapies for genetic obesity
- How diet influences metabolic processes
- Building and maintaining a successful Obesity Medicine practice in different medical environments in the United States and internationally
- Enhancing communication about obesity with patients, payers, colleagues, and referring physicians
Presented by authorities in medicine, surgery, pediatrics, nutrition, endocrinology, gastroenterology and psychology from the country’s leading obesity treatment centers, this course covers critical topics in the prevention and treatment of obesity and related disorders. It includes didactic lectures, panel discussions, and case-based interactive workshops to improve participants’ ability to care for patients with obesity. In addition, an Obesity Medicine board review is offered for participants preparing for the American Board of Obesity Medicine board examination.
This course is designed to give healthcare providers the knowledge to:
- Identify, evaluate and manage patients with high-risk obesity
- Provide lifestyle-based therapies for obesity, including nutritional, physical activity, and behavioral approaches
- Apply effective counseling and behavioral modification techniques
- Apply current pharmacological approaches to the treatment of obesity
- Assess patients for their need and appropriateness for bariatric surgery and determine surgical options
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
One day prior to the start of Treating Obesity 2020, we host a one-day review for the American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM) certification examination. This course is taught by recent diplomates of the ABOM, and reviews all the major basic, diagnostic and treatment concepts required for the exam, including:
- Pathophysiology of obesity
- Obesity comorbidities
- Pediatric patient management
- Nutrition and exercise assessment and intervention
- Genetic and syndromic obesity
- Surgical treatments
- Behavioral therapy
- Click here for full agenda
Participation in both Treating Obesity 2020 and the Obesity Medicine Board Review fully satisfies the 30-hour live Group One CME requirement to qualify for the ABOM certification.
Discounts apply when attending both the Board Review and Treating Obesity 2020.
360-Degree Educational Experience
Patient Care. Reimbursements. Challenging Cases. Global Perspectives.
Fewer than 5% of patients with obesity undergo proper clinical evaluation for this disorder in the primary care setting. Treating Obesity 2020 provides education about obesity, its causes and consequences, and guidance for effective, state-of-the-art treatment and prevention.
Unique to this program is a 360-degree educational experience, where attendees:
- Hear from authorities in medicine, surgery, pediatrics, nutrition, endocrinology, gastroenterology and psychology about state-of-the-art clinical options to improve care for your patients with obesity
- Learn how to build and maintain an Obesity Medicine practice in multiple settings, including primary care, a multidisciplinary obesity center, and a standalone Obesity Medicine specialty practice
- Understand and implement techniques used to build effective communication with payers, employers, and hospital administrators about the value of treating obesity
- Are invited to present illustrative/perplexing cases to faculty for broader discussion during interactive “Master Clinician” sessions
- Attend “Ask the Expert” forums, where faculty will lead informal discussions on topics in obesity care that address issues beyond those raised in the plenary sessions
- Gain global perspectives on Obesity Medicine: cultures, attitudes, available therapies and payment systems
- Can prepare for the American Board of Obesity Medicine board examination in Obesity Medicine